This is one of my favourite recipe as it is so easy to make is very healthy.
- 200 gm Rajma (red kidney beans)
- 2 small onions diced
- 3 small tomatoes diced
- 2 green chilli chopped
- 1 small piece of cinnamon
- Few bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon of red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon of garam masala powder
- 4 tablespoons of thickening cream
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- Salt to taste
- Soak Rajma overnight and drain the water.
- Add the rajma in a pressure cooker, add water and cook until 3-4 whistles until you can smell the rajama. Make sure not to overcook rajma.
- Drain the rajma.
- In a pan, heat oil and season with cinnamon, turmeric powder and bay leaf. Add the chopped onion and fry until it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, salt, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and fry for a minute or two.
- Add chopped tomatoes and green chillies and cook until the tomatoes are soft. Make them into a paste.
- You can add a small quantity of water if the paste starts to dry and keep cooking the paste until it is smooth.
- Now add the cooked rajam and mix well.
- Add thickening cream, mix well and turn off the heat. Do not let it boil.
Pingback: Monday Link Encyclopedia and Self-Promotion | Clarissa's Blog
wow, super duper comforting meals…
this is kinda my oldest sister favourite dish!!!
Yeap, very healthy. Goes well with Roti, Naan or rice.
True. I am so looking forward one day to eat out of your kitchen 🙂
Your always welcome! 🙂
People leave with mixed feeling after dining out at ours.
Taste bud conscious folks go highly disappointed while health conscious ones extremely pleased.
I think I will like your food then :), coming your way soon 😉
Rajma with pulau is one of my favorites as well 🙂
You are making me hungry gal , it is only 9am here 🙂
Yum, Rajma is one of my favourites! It took me a whole to get the spices right when I first started cooking but yeah you’re right, it is easy now to cook 🙂
I know and my hubby loves it too 🙂