If you have ever met someone from Nepal, you must already know by now that Nepali people are crazy about momo. There are many varieties of momo and a simple recipe for one of them is posted here.
Today I am posting the recipe for C momo, C stands for chill so it is a hot and spicy momo recipe.
- 20 pieces of steamed Momo (for recipe check here)
- 2 tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon of crushed garlic and ginger paste
- 3 green chilies halved
- 1 small red onion cut into quarters and with layers separated
- 1 red capsicum cut into inch square shape
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 5 tablespoons of ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of chilli sauce/ hot and sweet sauce (more if you like hot)
- 1 tablespoon Chili paste/ half tablespoon chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- Coriander to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200 0C and bake the tomatoes for 10 minutes or until tomatoes are cooked and skin starts peeling off.
- In a pan, heat a spoon of oil and brown the momo. (optional)
- Take the momo out from the pan and put aside.
- In the same pan, add remaining oil and fry crushed garlic and ginger paste.
- Now add the baked tomatoes and cooked it until it is a smooth paste. If the sauce starts drying, add a small quantity of water.
- Now add green chill, onion, capsicum, and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add ketchup, chill/hot and sour sauce, soya sauce and cook on low heat for few minutes. If the sauce starts to dry, add small quantity of water. Make sure the sauce is not very runny.
- Taste the sauce and add salt as requires. Soya sauce makes it pretty salty so watch the amount of salt you add.
- Add momo to the sauce and stir and close the lid of the pan for 2 minutes allowing momo to heat.
- Transfer the momo to a plate and garnish with fresh coriander
- Tasty hot and spicy C momo is ready. Enjoy!
You may also like :
|*Aloo chop||*Chatamari||*Gundruk Aloo Bhatmas Curry|
So it is now 5 years later, but I have made this recipe at least a dozen times. It is the only one I could find that matches my favorite Nepali dish!
Pingback: how to make c momo-nepali reciepe | Technical Indians
Pingback: how to make c momo-nepali reciepe – DEHEALTHYINDIA
I just wanted to say… I travelled to Nepal and LOVED chicken chili momos. I had a hard time recreating the food I had in Nepal when I got back, my chiya was just not the same 😦 But I tried this recipe and made it 5 times since. Tastes EXACTLY like the amazing chicken chili momos in Nepal. Thanks so much for this recipe!
So glad it worked for you . Thank you for reading my blog…
I love C momo
Yap me too 🙂
C momo is the good momo in Nepal.😘
My best momo is C momo.I always prefer this for snacks. just love it.
just wanted to let you know this c-momo recipe is just wonderful. It was very authentic, I will be posting about it on my blog soon. thanks a lot dear.
Thank you Dixya 🙂
I’ve never even heard of momo!! So I appreciated this 🙂 VERY deliciious.
They are really famous with Nepali people and they are yummy 🙂
I think that this looks delicious and I would like to have a bite to try it, right now! Sending you a big hug and smile today for your cooking efforts and photos, too!
Thank you so much 🙂
I have nominated your blog for the Reader Appreciation Award.
More about this nomination is at: http://photosnepal.wordpress.com/2013/10/07/901/
Thank you so much…
You are welcome 🙂
When I go to Nepal, one of the first things I’ll do is eat MOMO! But M, I just reluctantly tried the dumplings at PF Changs here and its the exact same flavor! 😀 So happy!
Lucky you but I bet it won’t be anything close to the one you find in Nepal 😛
I can live with it.. since I’ve never really tried the ones in Nepal.. haha! But I’ve tried homemade ones thato thato from these Nepalese aunties.. and the one I found in PF was like that. I was leaping in the restaurant. Made quite a sight! haha.
I hope you will try one in Nepal next year so you can compare 🙂 Fingers crossed 🙂
Well hopes up! 🙂
Mmmm… C Momo is my all time favorite …:)
I like good C momo.. I have tried in some places and it was not so good 🙂
It looks delicious. I’m crazy about momo, too :).
It was simply awesome 🙂
I LOVE Momo!!!!
Same here 🙂