I used to make raita differently before until AS stared doing it his way and I loved it. It is easy and compliments the biryani perfectly or you can even have it with any other dish. This raita is very simple with cucumber, carrots and a thick Greek style yogurt.
Serves : 6
- 1/2 small Lebanese cucumber
- 1/2 medium carrot
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 2 cups of Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons of chat masala
- 3 table spoon of finely chopped fresh coriander
- Salt to taste
- Grate cucumber and carrot on a coarse microplane.
- Dice red onion into small piece.
- In a bowl add, cucumber, carrot and onion and mix rest of the ingredients together
- Allow the raita to chill for 30 minutes to allow the flavours to develop.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander.
Take care ,
M from nepaliaustralian