Ingredients (make 12 cupcakes)
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup (185mL) milk
- 50g unsalted butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- Sprinkles or lollies to decorate
- Preheat oven with fan to 180°C or without fan for 200°C.
- Place cupcake papers in two 12-hole cupcake trays.
- In an electric mixer, beat butter for 2 minutes until pale in colour and creamy. Add sugar one third at a time, beating well between each addition. Add the eggs one at a time, beating for about a minute between each addition. Add the vanilla essence and beat until combined.
- Sift flour and baking powder and add half to butter mixture with half the milk, mix until well combined. Repeat with remaining flour and milk.
- Divide batter evenly between 12 patty cases.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, Cupcakes are baked if they spring back when lightly touched in the centre. Allow cupcakes to cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring.
- In an electric mixer, beat Cream butter until pale and smooth. Add the milk and half the sifted icing sugar. Beat until well combined. Add the remaining icing sugar and beat until mixture is light and fluffy. The mixture should be a spreadable paste; if it is too dry, add some more milk, if too wet add more icing sugar.
- When cakes are cold, spread generously with icing and dip into sprinkles or decorate with small lollies.
- If you like, you can use piping for icing and decorations.
I made them for Teej along with chocolate cupcakes.
I. Do. Not. Need. To. Make. These. No no no. 🙂
Yes. Yes . Yes 🙂
beautiful work; back in the States, sold it in a deli for two-fifty, people could have paid more for these ones here, hehe.. You do make em good..
Thank you so much..I am so delighted that you compare my cupcake with the deli one 🙂