I learned this recipe from my BIL (K didi’s husband). He is one of the best cooks around us and he loves cooking. I am sure it is true when they say that when you cook with love, it tastes better. He does put lots of time and effort in his cooking as well.
- 500gm boneless chicken
- Few stems spring onion
- 2 small green chilies
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- coriander leaves
- 5 cloves of fresh garlic
- 2 inch on fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (Methi )
- salt to taste
- Cut chicken breast into thin layers.
- Heat the non-stick frying pan and sauté the chicken until cooked.
- Cook on both side and make sure, the chicken doesn’t get burnt.
- Once both sides are golden brown, repeat the process with all the chicken.
- When you are doing this in batches, make sure you cover the cooked chicken in a container so it doesn’t become dry. This will also make the chhoela juicy and tender.
- Once all the meat is cooked let it cool down for few minutes, slice the chicken into small diagonally into inch size pieces so it looks better for the presentation. Put all the meat in a big bowl.
- Make a paste in the blender using fresh garlic, fresh ginger, fresh chilli and fresh coriander. If you don’t have fresh ginger and garlic, you can used readymade paste but fresh always tastes better.
- Then add this paste along with sliced onions, chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, chili flakes, turmeric powder and salt into a bowl with the chicken. Mix it well.
- Now heat up the pan, add oil and fenugreek seeds and fry it till it turns dark brown. Make sure it doesn’t burn and turn black otherwise it will have a bitter taste.
- Pour the oil over the chicken and mix it properly.
- Cut the stem of the green onion into about 2 inch long sizes. Slice it into thin slices and add it to the chicken.
- Add finely sliced red onion to the chicken
- Garnish with fresh coriander and Chicken chhoela is ready to be served!
You may also like :
|*Chicken chili||*Goat curry||*Momo|
Yummy.. cant wait to try this. 😀
YUMMY AS ALWAYS.
It was, thanks Shilu 🙂