Its autumn here and chilly during mornings and evenings; so it is the perfect time to make our favourite dish, momo. I have shared how to make momo here before. Today I am sharing how to make Jhol (soup) achar for the momo for cold weather.
- 10 medium ripe tomatoes sliced
- 1 large red onion sliced
- 2 red dry chilli
- 60gm brown sesame seed
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic sliced
- 1 small bunch of fresh coriander chopped
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 table spoon oil
- 4 cup of Water
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Roast the sesame seed in a pan and grind to make a powder and put aside.
- In a pan, heat the oil and fry the dry chilli, sliced garlic cloves and turmeric powder.
- Add the sliced onion and sauté until light brown.
- Add sliced tomatoes and fry it until the tomatoes are cooked and turns into thick paste.
- Now add chicken stock cube, fresh coriander, sesame powder, salt, chilli powder and fry for a few minutes.
- Add this paste into a blender, add a cup of water and blend until the paste is smooth.
- In a big bowl, pour the mixture from the blender and remaining 3 cups of water and mix until the soup is consistent.
- If you like the soup a bit sour, add juice of one lemon.
- Serve the soup with the hot momo. Enjoy!!!