Unless you are hiding far far away from civilization I am sure you know that FIFA World Cup Football is here and we are so excited. 😀 😀 😀
Here is the official song for the cup.
Today is the first day of the game and the opening ceremony was held in the 62,600-capacity stadium Arena Corinthians in Sao Paulo before guests which included Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff, UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon and embattled FIFA president Sepp Blatter.
The pre-match extravaganza starred pop superstar Jennifer Lopez, who performed the tournament’s official song, We Are One, with Brazilian songstress Claudia Leitte and rapper Pitbull.
Here are some colourful photos from the ceremony
This morning we woke up to watch the game but not at 4am. We missed most of the opening ceremony but I got to watch 70% of the game.
The first half we watched at home, getting dressed and having breakfast. At half time, we ran to the car but it took me more than 30 minutes to get to work. Therefore, I missed the Brazil’s second goal but was glad to watch rest of the game. The last few minutes were so exciting and the environment in the stadium was amazing. One of the items on my bucket list is to definitely watch a world cup live in the stadium.
Unfortunately being so far from Brazil, the games will air here very early, 4am and 7am so I am not sure how many games we are gonna watch. But it still will be a great month full of excitement and adrenaline rush. I am supporting Australia, Argentina and Brazil for this Cup.
Hope all of you are enjoying the game. My Facebook is flooded with posts about the world cup. I found this status and found it funny so sharing with you all. Glad we both are into the game so AS doesn’t have to put this on his status 🙂
The FIFA World Cup is close by, so let me give you a few rules that will help both of us during the months of June and July.
- The TV remote control belongs to me for the whole month, no Magic Movie or Soap Opera this time around.
- Tell all your friends not to give birth or wed on any of the days of the world cup because we won’t attend.
- You must support the teams that I support or you use a sleeping pill while the match lasted.
- No talking during the game, wait for half time or end of the match.
- Repeats and highlights are as good as the main match, so I’m gona watch them too.
- We can watch movies/home videos provided actors/actresses are wearing football jersey and they are in Brazil.
- You don’t just pass in front of the TV if am watching any match, you better freeze where you are or crawl on the floor, I know you are beautiful, there is no need for beauty parade @ this crucial period, wait till July 14 please
- Make sure you don’t ask annoying questions such as “is this Arsenal vs England?”. Since it is not “Who wants to be a millionaire” I won’t bother to answer.
- No funny faces to my friends when they come to watch a match with me.
- Food must be ready 20 minutes before every crucial match particularly that of the Super Eagles.
- Smile every time EXCEPT when my team is losing OR ELSE!!!
May God help us.
If you are not into soccer but your partner is, please let them slack off for the next four weeks. He/She will love you for that forever 🙂
Please let me know which team you are supporting and may the best team win.
P.S: Today is Friday the 13th so please watch out everyone. 🙂