As I mentioned in my previous post, Jwano ko Jhol is a traditional Nepali soup which is given to new mums to increase their supply of milk. I wasn’t very sure about it before but I now swear by it.
Initially when I started drinking it, I had an over supply of milk so I needed to decrease the amount I drank. Then after a while when I stopped drinking it completely, I could feel the supply of my milk went low as well. So I started drinking it in again but in small amount.
Jwana ko jhol is also believed to have lots of health benefits like helping to heal the wounds, relieve body aches and help with cold and cough. Thyme also has potassium, iron, calcium, manganese, magnesium, and selenium for the well-being of our body.
The soup is very easy to make.
Ingredients for 2 cups of soup
- 2 tea spoon Jwano (Thyme seed)
- 1/8 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 tea spoon of fresh ginger garlic paste
- ½ tea spoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon ghee (clarified butter)
- Salt as per taste
- 2 ½ cups water
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add ghee when hot.
- When ghee is melted, add jwano, turmeric powder, cumin powder, ginger garlic paste and salt and stir them together.
- After about a minute once you smell the ginger garlic flavour add water and let it boil for a few minutes.
- Jwana ko jhol is now ready to serve
Take care everyone till next post.
M from nepaliaustralian