Here is another pickle recipe I learned in Nepal.
- 1 litre glass jar
- 1/2 kg white radish cut into inch
- Garlic 50 gms chopped
- Ginger 20 gms chopped
- 3 Green chilli chopped
- 1.5 teaspoons Cumin powder
- 1.5 teaspoons Coriander powder
- 1.5 teaspoons Red chilli powder
- 1.5 teaspoons Turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons Mustard seed powder
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons Mustard oil
I used a glass jar which came with 1kg honey estimating it’ll hold around 1 litre of water. The idea is to fill it with the ingredients with a bit of space to spare. The radish should fill about 80% of the jar and the ginger and garlic 10% with 10% empty. Chilli is to taste.
- Cut the radish into 1/2 inch block and chop Garlic, Ginger and Green chillies and put them in a large bowl.
- Add the spices as mentioned in the ingredients and mix them all together.
- Fill the glass jar to around 90%.
- Put a clean wrap or plastic bag on the month of the jar and close it tightly so no air can enter.
- Leave the jar where it can get direct sunlight.
- Every few days, open the jar and move the tomatoes around. Close the jar, tightly.
- The pickle will be ready in 4-5 days. Enjoy!
You may also like :
|*Khandeko golbenda ko achar||*Aloo ko achar||*Aloo dum|