Aloo dum is a very popular dish in Nepal. My mum used to cook it almost every day when we were little as both me and my brother were very spoiled and didn’t eat most of the other veggies except potatoes.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon of crushed ginger and garlic
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons of unflavoured yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon of oil
- Boil potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- When oil is hot, add cumin seeds and let it fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion in the wok and fry till they are brown.
- Add diced tomatoes and turmeric powder and fry some more.
- When the paste starts giving out oil that mean it is cooked so add the boiled potatoes to the wok.
- Just toss potatoes around and add salt, cumin, chilli, coriander powder and a half cup of water and let it boil.
- Now add the unflavoured yogurt and mix it well.
- Take the curry out of heat and serve with rice or roti.
You may also like :
|*Momo||*Aloo ko achar||*Chicken chili|