Aloo dum is a very popular dish in Nepal. My mum used to cook it almost every day when we were little as both me and my brother were very spoiled and didn’t eat most of the other veggies except potatoes.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon of crushed ginger and garlic
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons of unflavoured yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon of oil
- Boil potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- When oil is hot, add cumin seeds and let it fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion in the wok and fry till they are brown.
- Add diced tomatoes and turmeric powder and fry some more.
- When the paste starts giving out oil that mean it is cooked so add the boiled potatoes to the wok.
- Just toss potatoes around and add salt, cumin, chilli, coriander powder and a half cup of water and let it boil.
- Now add the unflavoured yogurt and mix it well.
- Take the curry out of heat and serve with rice or roti.
You may also like :
|*Momo||*Aloo ko achar||*Chicken chili|
I am Big Allo dum Fan since a kid…
Me too 🙂
Mum is not at home so I had to prepare some food so I chose to make some Alu Dum with gravy. Your tips with photos has helped me a lot. Thank YOU! 🙂
Thank you , I am so glad 🙂
looks delicious , I pretty much follow same recipe. The only thing is I don’t add yogurt.may be add a bit more turmeric gives a bright yellow color.
I am sure you are a better cook than me. I am just learning more these day 🙂
I m going to cook it…….:)
Let me know how you go and if your other half liked it 🙂
ok I will do it
I’m from India, and we fancy this dish also 🙂
Thank you 🙂
When I’m back on my laptop I’m going to copy this down – I’ve been on the lookout for something much like this. Thank you!
This is easy and yummy. Let me know how you go 🙂
I have tried, many times, Aloo Dum dry. They are so good. Your curry lookd delicious as well. Will have to try sometime. Thanks for the post M.
Thank you. Can’t wait to come to Nepal and try one made by mum 🙂
yum yum aloo dum 😀
🙂 thx gal!!!
it was 🙂
Love everything with potatoes… even I as a child hated vegetables. Just wanted and had potatoes almost everyday 🙂
I still love potatoes and every dish made out of it 🙂
yummm.. just had lunch.. the pictures are again making me hungry 🙂
I am sure your version of aloo curry is even better:)