Yesterday AS felt like having Seviya kheer out of the blue so I decided to make one. Seviya is fried vermicelli noodles. I bought a packet of fried Seviya from an Asian grocery store. This was the first time I tried it and I have to admit, it was very easy.
- 200gm vermicelli
- 800 ml milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar (add more or less according to your taste)
- 2 tablespoons ghee/clarified butter
- 7-8 roasted or fried unsalted almonds, chopped
- Heat ghee in a pan and when it is melted add vermicelli and fry till they become golden brown.
- Pour the milk and let it come to a boil.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Lower the flame and let the milk simmer for 5-7 minutes till the vermicelli gets cooked.
- Add chopped almonds.
- Serve the kheer hot, warm or cold.
- I prefer mine cold :). Enjoy!