I have talked about wheatgrass juice before. Please click my post here to know details.
Today I am writing more about the benefits of wheatgrass juice.
Wheatgrass Nutrition Facts
Wheatgrass contains high amounts of vitamins A, E and B. It also contains many minerals and trace elements: Calcium, Phosphorus, Sodium, Potassium, Magnesium, Iron and Zinc.
Wheatgrass also contains twelve amino acids including the eight essential amino acids: phenylalanine, valine, threonine, tryptophan, isoleucine, methionine, leucine, and lysine. Essential amino acids are those that the body cannot create, they must be obtained through one’s diet.
Wheatgrass juice is considered a predigested food. It does not require enzymes for breaking down proteins. Wheatgrass juice contains both amino acids and glucose therefore it is readily assimilated in the body.
Wheatgrass juice is rich in Chlorophyll. Chlorophyll has a molecular structure almost identical to the hemoglobin molecule of human blood. Chlorophyll in the wheatgrass juice helps the blood carry Oxygen to all the cells.
Chlorophyll cleanses the liver, tissues and cells and purifies the blood. Wheatgrass juice helps remove toxic heavy metals such as lead, mercury, aluminum, that have become stored in the tissues of the body.Wheatgrass juice aids in detoxification by breaking up impacted matter in the colon. It also helps fight infection therefore aiding the body’s natural self-healing process.
Wheatgrass Nutrient Analysis
The following information is from the publication entitled: Wheatgrass Nutritional Analaysis Report by The Optimum Healht Institute of San Diego. Test results were provided by Irvine Analyticial Laboratories, Inc., Irvine CA.
The results are listed per 100 grams of wheatgrass juice which is approximately 2.8 ounces.
Basic Nutrients in Wheatgrass
Minerals in Wheatgrass
Vitamins in Wheatgrass
15 Uses of Wheatgrass
Besides drinking wheatgrass and giving your body the nutritional benefits of wheatgrass there are many more uses.
1. To eliminate itching apply wheatgrass to the skin.
2. Wheatgrass will soothe sunburned skin
3. Wheatgrass can be used as a disinfectant
4.Wheatgrass can be used a beauty treatment, it will help tighten loose and sagging skin
5. Rub wheatgrass into the scalp before shampooing to help mend damaged hair and alleviate itchy scalp
6.Wheatgrass can be used for soothing and healing cuts, burns, scrapes, rashes, poison ivy, athlete’s foot, insect bites, boils, sores, open ulcers and tumors
7.Use wheatgrass in your bath water to enjoy all the external benefits
8.As a sleep aid, place a tray of wheatgrass near the head of your bed. It will enhance the oxygen in the air
9. Gargle with wheatgrass to relieve soar throats
10. Wheatgrass helps overcome dandruff. Rub the juice into the scalp, rinse and shampoo.
11. Hold wheatgrass juice in the mouth for 5 minutes to relieve toothaches
12. Use wheatgrass as a mouthwash since it draws out toxins from the gums and teeth
13.Bundles of wheatgrass suspended in aquarium water purifies and disinfects the water and can heal sick fish
14.Wash eyes with finely strained wheatgrass juice to improve your vision, as well as relief of eyestrain and itchiness.
15.If you have a cold, insert wheatgrass juice into nasal passages and inhale to cleanse and open sinuses
20 Benefits of Wheatgrass
1. Wheatgrass lowers blood pressure
2. Wheatgrass helps the digestive system by flushing toxins from the system
3. Wheatgrass slows the graying of hair and removes dandruff
4. Wheatgrass suppresses appetite, curves cravings, and stimulates metabolism and circulation
5. Wheatgrass protects the body from outside pollutants by building up the white blood cells
6. Wheatgrass has anti-inflammatory effects on arthritis, ulcers and insect bites
7. Wheatgrass builds blood by building red blood cells quickly
8. Wheatgrass energizes and reduces fatigue
9. Wheatgrass promotes regularity and helps fight constipation
10. Wheatgrass reduces or eliminates offensive body and breath odors
11. Wheatgrass’ antibacterial properties reduce symptoms of a sore throat when used to gargle
12. Wheatgrass topical antibacterial use for skin wounds (burns and sunburns)
13. Wheatgrass aids in stopping tooth decay
14. Chewing of wheatgrass may banish sleepiness and bring a new alertness
15. Wheatgrass juice helps cleanse the liver
16. Wheatgrass calms the nervous system
17. Presence of chlorophyll in wheatgrass stabilizes blood sugar levels
18. Wheatgrass reduces fever & irritability in children
19. Wheatgrass applied regularly onto the skin will eventually fade blemishes and sunspots by stimulating the growth of healthy new skin and “tightening” older skin
20.When inhaled through the nose, wheatgrass is effective in clearing sinus congestion
How Much Wheatgrass Should I Drink?
During your detoxification phase you should drink 60 ml (2 ounces) of wheatgrass juice twice a day.
If it is the first time drinking it, you should start slow. 15ml or 30ml (½ ounce or 1 ounce) of wheatgrass juice is a good start. You should slowly build up to 60 ml (2 ounces). Listen to your body, no need to rush it. Also, there are no real additional benefits of drinking more than 60 ml (2 ounces). Your body could only handle a small amount of wheatgrass each time.
Please call on 5534288 if you are looking for wheatgrass in Kathmandu.
You may also like :
|*Wheatgrass juice – The natural healer||*There is no such thing as a happy period||*Regular Pap test saves life|
All the above in formations are collected from the following website: