I know many people don’t like Brussels sprouts but every time I read any healthy recipes, it seems to be on the menu so I decided to find a good way to eat it. I know if Brussels sprouts is not done right, it won’t taste good but sautéing with bacon and onion seemed to do the trick. Even AS was happy to eat it and told me he didn’t mind eating it again.
So here is a simple way to enjoy Brussels sprouts.
- 200 gm Brussels sprouts cleaned and trimmed
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (optional)
- Cut the cleaned and trimmed Brussels sprouts into halves. Make sure the sprouts are similar in size so some don’t overcook and some under cook.
- Boil water in a big pot and when it starts boiling add the sprouts.
- Boil the sprouts for around 3-5 minutes making sure it is tender and not over cooked.
- Drain the sprouts
- In a pan, cook bacon over medium heat until it is crisp. And put aside.
- Now cook the chopped onion in the pan and cook until golden brown.
- Increase heat to medium-high, add the Brussels sprouts, and cook stirring occasionally, until tender and warmed through. It should be around 3 minutes.
- Add the bacon and lemon juice(optional).
- Season with salt and pepper or chilli.
- Rest it for a while and it is ready to be served.
- We had ours with grilled lamb.
You may also like :
|*Stuffed capsicum with minced chicken and brown rice||*Jamie’s Crackin’ Crab Briks, Couscous Salad & Salsa||*Blueberry muffins|