All the cooking shows on TV inspired me to cook something new the other night. It was stuffed capsicum and it turned out so yummy. Here’s the recipe.
- 4 large yellow capsicums (I used 2 yellow and 2 green ones but yellow was yummier)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 350 g lean minced chicken
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup (40 g) grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 3 teaspoons of cumin powder
- 2 teaspoon of chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Slice tops off capsicums to make lids. Scoop out seeds and membranes and discard them.
- Cook rice in a rice cooker using 1 cup of water and 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Add turmeric powder.
- Add minced chicken and cooked it until it is brown
- Add onionand garlic. Sauté 2 minutes.
- Add salt, chilli and cumin powder and cook for few more minutes
- In a bowl mix the cooked chicken and rice. Add half of the shredded cheese.
- Fill each capsicum with the mixture. Place upright in a shallow baking dish. Cover with capsicum lids.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes or until the capsicums are tender.
- Open the lid and top the capsicum fillings with the remaining cheese. Close lids.
- Serve hot.
You may also like :
|*Chicken chili – Nepali Style||*Chicken Tikka Masala||*Goat curry|
In the step section you mention mushrooms, but there is no mention in the ingredients. Having said that, I made this with 5 chopped mushrooms. The recipe is delicious, it has a nice bite!
Thank you so much, fixed now 🙂
I love stuffed bell peppers – I have tried with couscous but never with meat. it looks so good- will have to try it sometime soon 🙂 and waiting on rest of the story
I am gonna try couscous next 🙂
awesome 🙂 mouth watering 😀 TPL also had shared the pic of this type of cooking 🙂 🙂
It is easy and yummy 🙂
Hmmm, nom nom !
Yum yum 🙂
Yum! I will sub the chicken with tofu!
That is great idea 🙂