Here is another great recipe from my favorite chef, Jamie Oliver. This recipe from Jamie’s’ 15 minutes meals. It is really easy and yummy.
- 1–2 preserved lemons
- 2 spring onions
- ½ a bunch of fresh coriander
- 400g crabmeat (I used tin crab)
- 2 tsp harissa, plus extra to serve
- 4 large sheets of filo pastry (from a 270g pack)
- olive oil
- ½ tsp caraway seeds
- ½ a mug (150g) of couscous
- 2 tsp sun-dried tomato purée
- ½ a bulb of fennel
- ½ a bunch of fresh mint
- 1 lemon
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pomegranate ( I didn’t use)
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
- ½ a lemon
- fat-free natural yoghurt
- Finely chop the preserved lemons, trimmed spring onions and coriander (stalks and all).
- Mix in a bowl with the crabmeat (I used can crab meat) and harissa.
- Lay out a sheet of filo pastry, add ¼ of the mixture and shape into the size of a packet of playing cards at the centre of the bottom of the sheet, then push your thumb into the centre of the filling to make a space for it to expand as it cooks.
- Fold in the sides, then fold them up.
- Repeat until you have 4 briks.
- Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the pan, then add the briks and cook until golden and crisp on both sides.
- Add the caraway seeds to the side of the pan and toast for a minute, then scrape into a salad bowl.
- Put ½ a mug of couscous (I used wholemeal one ) , 1 mug of boiling water, the tomato purée and a pinch of salt into a bowl and cover.
- Pick and reserve the fennel tops, then roughly chop and grate the bulb in the processor.
- Tip into the salad bowl, then chop and add the top leafy half of the mint.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Season to taste and toss everything together.
- Finely grate the tomato and ginger into a little bowl.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper, a good squeeze of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and mix together.
- Fluff up the couscous, then tip on to a platter.
- Pile the salad in the middle, then bash the halved pomegranate over the top so the seeds tumble out.
- Scatter over the reserved fennel tops, pop the crab briks on a board and serve with dollops of yoghurt and the salsa.
You may also like :
|*Jamie Oliver Szechuan stir fry with chicken and brown rice||*Jamie Oliver’s Chicken Tikka Masala||*Jamie Oliver’s Dan Dan Noodles|
Pingback: Jamie's Crackin' Crab Briks, Couscous Salad & Salsa … | ClubEvoo
Oh, wow ! Yum !
By the way, I’m making Empanada, using bought pastry sheets.
Ohoo yum,I will want to try that one too 🙂
looks interesting 🙂
Thank you 🙂