- 1 kg small lemon
- 350 gms salt
- 150 gms red chili powder
- 20 gms turmeric powder
- 150ml of oil
- Wash the lemons and use paper towel to pat dry.
- Let it air dry for a few minutes after that to ensure there are no water particles.
- In the meantime, wash a glass bottle/pickle jar and dry it well.
- Cut each lemon into quarters.
- In a large bowl, add lemon, salt, chilli and turmeric powder.
- Mix well with hands to mix all the spices with the lemon to coat them with the spices.
- Transfer prepared pickle into the glass bottle/ jar using a spoon.
- Make sure you fill only ¾ of the jar. Close the lid tightly so no air can go inside. Use glad wrap on the lid if necessary to make it air tight.
- Leave for a week under direct sunlight to dry the lemon.
- Move the lemon around every day so the spice gets to all of the lemons and they all get the sun .
- The lemon is ready to eat once the salt melts and coats the lemon wedges.
- If you want to make the pickle last longer, add oil into the jar and keep in the sun for 2 more days.
- Now the pickle will last for a few months.
- Never use wet hands or spoon to handle pickle.
Take care ,
M from nepaliaustralian