I am big fan on Malaysian cooking so I decided to try their famous Devil’s curry. I used Chicken and potatoes and lots of chillies. If you are not into chilli, this is definitely not the recipe for you but if you love spicy food, you can give it a go.
The amount of chilli in this recipe can be adjusted according to your taste. The following recipe is for hot curry.
For Spice Paste:
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 15 dried red chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 5 fresh garlic cloves
- 3” knob of ginger
- 3 stems of lemongrass, white part only, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of oil
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1 tablespoons of mustard seeds
- 1 kg of chicken breast fillet cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- Add all the spices in a blender and make a smooth paste. The paste will be thick.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a heavy bottom pot. Once the oil is heated, add mustard seeds and fry until fragrant.
- Now add the spice paste to the pot and fry until aromatic, approximately around 10 minutes. Make sure the heat is medium.
- Add the chicken and potatoes and stir to make sure the chicken is coated in the spice paste.
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring to boil.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Add salt to taste and the curry is ready. Remember chicken stock will have salt also so taste before adding salt.
Have a great day.
M from nepaliaustralian
P.S: Do not forget to vote your favorite blog . NEPALIAUSTRALIAN’s Blog Award 2015