I have to admit, we don’t cook too many different types of veggies when we are on our own but since my parents came here we always have vegetables in every meal. Normally my mum cooks them and I am trying to learn how to cook them :).
Here is an easy recipe for Okra (lady’s finger). I know it might not be everyone’s favourite but it tastes so yummy when done the right way. I am not a big fan of it either but when my mums make it I just love it :). Just remember not to add water.
- Okra- 250 gm washed, dried and chopped into small pieces
- ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds
- ½ tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Cooking Oil – 1 ½ tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Wash the okra, dry them, chop and throw away tip and tail ends. Chop into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a pan, heat oil and add cumin seeds and let them brown.
- Add garlic paste and let it fry for a few minutes, stir them for few seconds.
- Add turmeric powder and add okra and mix well.
- Fry on medium high heat for 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and reduce to low flame and cover it and cook for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- The okra is cooked when it turns soft.
M from nepaliaustralian
P.S: Do not forget to nominate your favourite blog. NEPALIAUSTRALIAN’s Blog Award 2015
P.S.S: If you blog about Nepal, please visit my new page .