After momo, chowmein is one of the most popular dishes in Nepal. I have been cooking it for a while but getting the right texture and taste took me a while. Now I am happy with it so I am sharing the recipe here.
- 1 pack cooked ready to eat Singaporean noodle (you can use any noodle as you like)
- 200gm thigh fillets
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Garlic
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot thinly sliced
- ¼ cabbage thinly sliced
- ½ capsicum thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce / ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder(chili powder optional)
- 1/2 cup spring onions chopped
- Coriander to garnish
- Salt as required
- Boil the thigh fillets for 10 minutes and let it cool. Slice it thinly.
- Heat oil and add boiled chicken and cook until it is brown. Season with salt and pepper. Keep it aside
- In the same pan, heat oil and add finely chopped ginger and finely chopped garlic. Then add sliced onion and sauté it for a couple of minutes until the onions turn translucent.
- Now add cabbage, carrots, capsicum and cook for a few minutes. Do not overcook the vegetables.
- Then add chili sauce, tomato ketchup, soy sauce and vinegar.
- Add the cooked noodles and mix it well with the vegetables and the sauces.
- Now add the cooked chicken, salt, pepper and spring onions and turn off the heat.
- Serve hot and garish with coriander.
M from nepaliaustralian