When I was in Nepal, I baked blueberry muffins in my new home. All the family members loved it so I am sharing the recipe here. It is really easy and simple.
- 2½ cups self-rising flour
- 90g butter, chopped
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 125g fresh blueberries (I used canned ones as I couldn’t find fresh ones in Nepal)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced.
- Lightly dust muffin tray with flour.
- Sift flour into a bowl. Add sugar and butter and mix well with hand.
- Make a well in the centre of flour mixture.
- Add blueberries, milk and egg. Gently stir until just combined using wooden spoon
- Spoon mixture into prepared holes.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in center of 1 muffin comes out clean.
- Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Enjoy with tea or coffee.