Today is just the 5th day of winter in Australia but can say that I officially hate winter now. I know most of my readers are from the other side of the world so enjoy your summer guys . But I have to vent out my frustration here.
I know that I probably couldn’t enjoy summer if we didn’t have winter but I have some good reasons why I hate winter. Winter is empty, bleak, cold, evil, mean, cruel and most of all annoying. I am open to most things and I like to see the bright side of life. But winter is not definitely on my list.
Here are my reasons why I hate winter:
- I have flu right now and I know it is going to last all winter long. I hate the cough that comes with it. My nose is running too. (I have flu shot every year but still seem to get the flu.)
- Waking up in winter is a 100 times harder than waking up in summer.
- I stay in my warm bed till late and have to rush to work.
- It is so cold in the morning and so dark when I leave home for work and then it is dark again when I come back home. I hardly get to see any sun light.
- Driving with fogged up windows is just awful.
- I hate to exercise in this cold weather and have been skipping workout for the last few days 😦
- My body automatically packs on insulation (fat) in an attempt to survive the winter.
- It is so cold when outside that the many layers I put on don’t seem to do anything.
- My nice dresses are being neglected because I need to wear warm jackets and sweaters.
- Winter automatically cuts my shoes wardrobe in 1/2. I can’t wear shoes that expose any skin, so my boots and some close shoes are the only ones I can wear.
- My washing takes longer to dry as I hate to use a dryer.
- My whole body is so dry that I need to moisturise all the time. No matter how much I try to moisturise, I am feeling flaky by midday. Sometimes, I think I just need to bathe in a tub of Vaseline.
- I hate rain in winter, not cool at all.
- All of you know that I love colour but in winter, I can’t see any colour except grey and black coats and jackets. Thank god I bought a red and a fuchsia long coat from Nepal while I was there the last time.
- Nature seems so lifeless during the long winter months, bare trees and brown grasses.
I normally try to go for a holiday during winter but this year it seems like I am stuck in Australia for the whole winter. So winter, winter please go away.
Are you a summer or a winter person? Please share you reasons.