Today is just the 5th day of winter in Australia but can say that I officially hate winter now. I know most of my readers are from the other side of the world so enjoy your summer guys . But I have to vent out my frustration here.
I know that I probably couldn’t enjoy summer if we didn’t have winter but I have some good reasons why I hate winter. Winter is empty, bleak, cold, evil, mean, cruel and most of all annoying. I am open to most things and I like to see the bright side of life. But winter is not definitely on my list.
Here are my reasons why I hate winter:
- I have flu right now and I know it is going to last all winter long. I hate the cough that comes with it. My nose is running too. (I have flu shot every year but still seem to get the flu.)
- Waking up in winter is a 100 times harder than waking up in summer.
- I stay in my warm bed till late and have to rush to work.
- It is so cold in the morning and so dark when I leave home for work and then it is dark again when I come back home. I hardly get to see any sun light.
- Driving with fogged up windows is just awful.
- I hate to exercise in this cold weather and have been skipping workout for the last few days 😦
- My body automatically packs on insulation (fat) in an attempt to survive the winter.
- It is so cold when outside that the many layers I put on don’t seem to do anything.
- My nice dresses are being neglected because I need to wear warm jackets and sweaters.
- Winter automatically cuts my shoes wardrobe in 1/2. I can’t wear shoes that expose any skin, so my boots and some close shoes are the only ones I can wear.
- My washing takes longer to dry as I hate to use a dryer.
- My whole body is so dry that I need to moisturise all the time. No matter how much I try to moisturise, I am feeling flaky by midday. Sometimes, I think I just need to bathe in a tub of Vaseline.
- I hate rain in winter, not cool at all.
- All of you know that I love colour but in winter, I can’t see any colour except grey and black coats and jackets. Thank god I bought a red and a fuchsia long coat from Nepal while I was there the last time.
- Nature seems so lifeless during the long winter months, bare trees and brown grasses.
I normally try to go for a holiday during winter but this year it seems like I am stuck in Australia for the whole winter. So winter, winter please go away.
Are you a summer or a winter person? Please share you reasons.
I can understand why you hate winters…I have som
Hope winter will finish soon…
I used to be a summer person, but now that the place I live in gets SUPER hot (120 degrees!!) during the summer, I have changed to a winter person. I can’t wait for the cold. 🙂
Wish I am like you but I don’t like cold at all..
I soooo agree with dislike for winter. You should come to Texas during that time although summer gets brutally hot here but I prefer summer to winter. I hope the winter goes away soon for you.
I will love to travel during winter but this winter I am stuck in Sydney …
I hate winter too but like you said you would appreciate the seasons only when you have them.
That is true but during winter I am so depressed 😦
Get well soon di, I’m I summer person and we don’t have winter in Philippines so let’s switch location 🙂
Thanks gal :), will love to come there one day 🙂
glad to know about it, i hope i could meet u someday! 🙂
Flu, yuck. Take care and get well!
Thanks nelle 🙂
I hope you know I love love love your blogs.
Thank you so much for reading and following my blog 🙂
As majority of ppl in the world, I too don’t like the winter except the feeling when I get tempted towards mo:mo and hot beverages in winter . Otherwise mine are the same reasons as u have. 1 more ‘coz my ankle was plastered this yr and I think coming winter will be worst for it as they say injuries more hurt in cold than warm seasons.
I heard that too gal, just take care of yourself.
I whine during both. I love winter in Dubai. Its not extremely cold.. its beautiful and pleasant.. but I hate summer here.. on the other hand I LOVE Oxford summers. The only time the color and brightness comes out. Its like life springs out! 🙂
I know summer there is very hot but I will swap winter for that summer 🙂
That is hard core! Hehe
Ugh. . .i am not a winter person as well! Although I do like the fashion of peacoats and boots 🙂
I make less effort in fashion during winter. I am just so lazy due to cold 🙂
haha, you should live in a tropical country then! I miss winter a lot, Kathmandu weather is perfect for me, with its 4 seasons 🙂
I would love to live in tropical country, no need to buy warm clothes at all 🙂
I’m with you! I also live in Sydney and the (relative) cold, dark, flu, laziness is just bad. I want summer back!
Hope it will come sooner if all of us pray for that 🙂
Winters are the worst! I, too, hate the cold weather. And when you add shoveling myself out of the house every morning, I hate it even more. Springtime is my favorite!
Ohoo, as much as I love snow, I would not want to live in the place where it snow as it will be nightmare to shovel snow every morning…
Hope you feel better soon…I hate winter too 😦 but my husband Rahul loves it!!!
I think men are OK with cold weather as they feel less cold than women.
Oh.. I am totally with you on this.. I too hate winters here for all the reasons you mentioned M..
We need summer soon 🙂
Hahaha! That’s so funny, yet so true! I love the summer and hate the cold with a passion. Western Australia is still a little warmer than the East coast…for that I’m grateful! 🙂 Put some cool music on and dance like no one is watching and get warm..LMAO I hug you and hope you had a great day…Paula xxxx
I want to come to WA as they say it is so beautiful. thanks Paula 🙂
It really is!! Hugs xxx
I am typically summer loving person!!! I need not go deep into those thick thick jackets and warmers, I don’t need to feel lazy and being a road runner, I don’t want to be a home dweller for this cold, Birds will not chirp, early morning sun rays waking you directly saying its morning, I some how miss that in winter time!!!! I can’t touch that damn cool cold water that come from tap, I hate to shiver, my teeth shivering and that cold cold water which hurt every teeth of mine when I brush, gahhhhh! on the whole I don’t like it!!!!!!!
I hate jackets and warmers too. Thank god it doesn’t snow in Sydney ..