I think a while ago, I have told you that I am a big fan of gozleme (a savoury traditional Turkish pastry dish, made of hand-rolled dough that is lightly brushed with butter and eggs, filled with various toppings, sealed, and cooked over a griddle). First I was thinking, I should make my own dough like them and but by the time I left work, I was tired and not ready to make it from scratch so I bought Lebanese bread instead.
I am glad it turned out to be nice and both of us enjoyed our dinner.
- 2 Lebanese bread (tortilla is another option)
- 50g baby spinach
- 100 g chicken mince
- 100g tasty cheese shredded
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Salt according to taste
- Chilli flake according to taste
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and fry it until it is cooked. Add chicken mince, salt and cook, stirring, for 8-10 minutes or until browned.
- Preheat sandwich press and line with alumni foil. (You can use a pan if you don’t have a sandwich press)
- Place 1 bread in the press. Spread chicken mixture over bread. Then add cheese, chilli flakes and spinach on the top.
- Fold the bread and cook until golden. Stand for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cut into quarters.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges.
Take care everyone, have a nice day.
M from nepaliaustralian
I like all the ingredients and would love to have some made for me, can you send it over? ha ha! Smiles!
I promise if you visit Australia, I am goona make some for you 🙂
Looks yummy M.. will try vegetarian version of cheese & spinach for myself 🙂
Hope you loved the veggi version.. they are super quick and easy.