My husband has wanted to eat pork belly for a while but we couldn’t find pan-fried pork belly in any restaurant. Pork belly is a boneless cut of fatty meat derived from the belly of a pig. I know it is very fatty but it taste yummy as well. We did try one Taiwanese restaurant but it was a bit too sweet for his liking so I decided to make my own pan-fried pork belly. It is quite simple and I am sharing it with you all.
- 250 gm. Pork belly sliced
- 3 tablespoons grated ginger
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chill power (optional)
- Black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- Mix ginger, soy sauce, salt, chilli, turmeric, cumin, coriander, pepper with pork belly and marinade in a bowl and leave for at least an hour.
- Heat up a wok with oil enough so the pork slices are half submerged in oil. Once one side turns golden brown, turn the piece over and fry the pork slices until both sides turn golden brown.
- Line a plate with kitchen paper towel and put the pork on it to soak excess oil.
- Serve it hot with rice or any other dish.
I had mine with roti and potato curry and it was yummy. 🙂