This article was published in +977 (a Nepalese Lifestyle Magazine in Australia) in Feb 2012 issue.
Pastels are so sweet, soft, romantic and ethereal. Pastels may be pale in hue, but combined with right jewellery and shoes give them a bright look. This summer pastel is not only for kids but everyone who wants to make a fashion statement. You can look sweet despite the heat in a rainbow of taffy-coloured hues.
You can choose outfits from a beautiful pale pink, gold, green, blue, salmon rose, milk caramel, velvety peach, powdery mint, banana, guava, lavender, baby blue and many more. Bags in pale pink, banana, lilac or mint are winners this summer.
Tips to wear pastel colour
- The most important rule of pastel shades is not to overdo it
- Wear with a neutral colour like beige, black or white.
- When wearing pastel make sure to put on more cheek and lip colour
- Highlight the look with statement accessories
- Metallic gives pastels a glamorous edge
- Combine pastel jeans with a white and black top
- Accessories in pastel shades can also be used separately with full black attire
- Pastel shoes look amazing in combination with white pants or a light coloured dress
- Try using a pastel coloured nail polish.
- A scarf is always a good way to add a touch of pastel to your outfit.
You may also like :
|*Autumn Trend Alert: “Dot On”||*Fashion from Nepal
||*Spring 2012 Trend Alert: Hello, PETAL!|
I love love love pastel and so glad that it is still in fashion. I couldn’t get enough of it last year and am still continue to search for a perfect pair of mint jeans/jegging to add to my wardrobe. Thanks for the tips!
Thanks Irene 🙂 I use pastel all the time too 🙂
simple but statement making post. 🙂 i love pastels, either in wardrobe or home decor, it’s always a win-win combo. those tips are worth reading.
That is so true gal. One of my fav too 🙂