This article was published in +977 (a Nepalese Lifestyle Magazine in Australia) in April 2013 issue.
Polka dots have been in fashion for a long time and it is here to stay as polka dot pieces are guaranteed to cheer up any outfit. Remember the red and white outfit of Minnie mouse? Whether you prefer to be girly, casual uber-feminine, sophisticated or retro, just adding polka dots will definitely add a whole new level to your look making it perfect for work or the weekend.
There’s certainly no shortage of polka dot items to choose from like pants, dresses, coats, tops, stockings, shoes, bags, accessories, scarfs, umbrella etc.
How to wear Polka dot
- Mix them with a sheer material or a skin-baring silhouette.
- Wear neutral pieces with polka dot.
- Wear cinched-waist polka dot dress to get an hourglass figure.
- Wear a polka dot jean with a solid sweater or blouse in a corresponding colour
- Pair with stripes or tiny floral for fresh look.
- Wear polka patent belt to break the bold print.
- Wear darker shades polka dots to get slimmer look.
- If you’re not one to wear lots of prints, start with accessories.
- If you are not comfortable with big dots, get small dots in stockings and under layer.
- Wear polka-dot scarf or headband to add a new dimension to your everyday look.
- Wear a light spring scarf to casual chic outfit.
- Try also polka dot handbags, pumps, umbrellas and mobile phone cases.
You may also like :
|*Pretty in Pastels this SUMMER||*Spring 2012 Trend Alert: Hello, PETAL!||*Hot Trend Chunky Statement Necklace|