They say time flies when you are having fun and it is fun at times being a mum apart from being busy feeding, cleaning and entertaining the baby. Chhori is over 3 months old now and so here are a few things I have learnt as a new mum.
- Having the baby is one of the best things you can do in life, you will never love anyone more that your baby.
- Breastfeeding is an art which takes a while to master.
- I had no idea that such a small baby poos so much, 15-20 nappy changes in 24 hours is normal.
- Be careful if you use baby wipes on a newborn as they can easily get rashes and it breaks your heart when they cry with pain
- I am still figuring out the difference between a hunger cry, change nappy cry and pain cry.
- Breastfeeding makes you very hungry and thirsty.
- Baby do grow very fast, my Choori has already put on a few kilos and a few centimetres. I really don’t want her to grow up so fast.
- Talking about growing, Choori has already outgrown 0000 and 000 clothes and is now into 00 which means she won’t be able to wear a lot of cute dresses/outfits the she got as gifts.
- The best gift a new mum /baby can get is nappies so if you are going to visit a newborn take a box of nappies instead of flowers.
- Listen to everyone but do what you believe in regarding your baby. Always remember happy mum means happy baby.
- Babies always seem to cry when you are about to eat so learn to break the world record as the fastest eater.
- If you are the only one looking after the baby, you need to even have a plan to go to the toilet and the when and how long depends on the baby.
- Sometimes I spend an hour getting the baby to sleep and then I wake her up two minutes later just to make sure she is still breathing.
Do share your tips for a new mum and any magic you have to get the baby settled quickly and to make her go to sleep.
Take care everyone till next post.
M from nepaliaustralian