They say time flies when you are having fun and it is fun at times being a mum apart from being busy feeding, cleaning and entertaining the baby. Chhori is over 3 months old now and so here are a few things I have learnt as a new mum.
- Having the baby is one of the best things you can do in life, you will never love anyone more that your baby.
- Breastfeeding is an art which takes a while to master.
- I had no idea that such a small baby poos so much, 15-20 nappy changes in 24 hours is normal.
- Be careful if you use baby wipes on a newborn as they can easily get rashes and it breaks your heart when they cry with pain
- I am still figuring out the difference between a hunger cry, change nappy cry and pain cry.
- Breastfeeding makes you very hungry and thirsty.
- Baby do grow very fast, my Choori has already put on a few kilos and a few centimetres. I really don’t want her to grow up so fast.
- Talking about growing, Choori has already outgrown 0000 and 000 clothes and is now into 00 which means she won’t be able to wear a lot of cute dresses/outfits the she got as gifts.
- The best gift a new mum /baby can get is nappies so if you are going to visit a newborn take a box of nappies instead of flowers.
- Listen to everyone but do what you believe in regarding your baby. Always remember happy mum means happy baby.
- Babies always seem to cry when you are about to eat so learn to break the world record as the fastest eater.
- If you are the only one looking after the baby, you need to even have a plan to go to the toilet and the when and how long depends on the baby.
- Sometimes I spend an hour getting the baby to sleep and then I wake her up two minutes later just to make sure she is still breathing.
I am sure there are a lot more to learn in the coming days and I will definitely share them with you.
Do share your tips for a new mum and any magic you have to get the baby settled quickly and to make her go to sleep.
Take care everyone till next post.
M from nepaliaustralian
hey heartiest congratulations M… so so happy for you… chhori is trruly adorable!! may god bless u both.. 🙂 😀
coming here after quite long and with a new name! i know you wont be able to recognize me… but will keep coming here to see chhori 🙂 ::)
Thank you so much..I am guessing who you are but not 100% yet…I think your blog name is give away if I am right :). Anyway, glad to see you back blogging and in touch…All the best…
hahaha.. i will M.. dont worry!
She’s so gorgeous! 🙂
Thanks heaps 🙂
Chhori is a darling as you are a great Mommy. xo –R.
Thank you so much my dear…I need to hear this sometimes.
Mine is 17 days old now. All of your points are so true. Nice to see you blogging , I can’t find a single me time between my two kids :-). Lots of love to the baby.
Big congratulation dear..Please sure more about the bub and waiting to see the photo as well. I am trying to take some time out from motherhood to write and hubby has been a great support… Big hug to you and your little one too..
What a cutie!
I’m an auntie and older cousin and when babysitting the babas I used to do this: Sometimes I spend an hour getting the baby to sleep and then I wake her up two minutes later just to make sure she is still breathing.
I totally get it!
Thanks Maggie. I guess we all think alike 🙂
She is so precious!!
Thank you , she sure is 🙂
I am coming back here after ages and I was pleasantly surprised. Congrats M 🙂 Chhori looks super cute! 🙂 Hugs.
Thank you so much.
3 months already??? Your chhori is so beautiful. Can’t thank you enough for sharing all of your motherhood journey.
Yap she is ..Time is flying for sure…I hope to share more about our new life in future… Take care..