I know Chhori is just 1 year old but she has already given us many moments that make us proud.
A few of the times I felt so proud are
- I taught her how to do “Namaste” form when she was around 6 months.
- And she was a very quick learner and she does Namaste to everyone when we ask her to. It is one of the cutest moments.
- We taught her how to get off from the bed and sofa. When she stared to be mobile, we thought it is safest if we teach her how to get off the sofa or bed safely. You know, the leg first from the back until you touch the ground. She is really careful and she doesn’t let go until her feet touch the floor. Amazingly she learnt it so quickly that she practices it every day. Most of the time, it works but sometimes it doesn’t and she falls down as she is a bit over confident I think 🙂 and other times if it’s a high bed, like a friend of mine has, she is left dangling as her feet don’t touch the ground and she won’t let go. But she cries out so I can rescue her.
- But the proudest moment must be when we went for her 1 year immunisation, The doctor gave her one shot in each arm, so two needles. I was worried a bit as I didn’t want her to cry too much. I and AS were making plans on how to keep her distracted so she wouldn’t cry. So when the doctor started to give her the needle, as the first needle went in her left arm, she just looked at it and did not even make a sound.
- I was singing some rhyme to distract her but she did not care. Then the other needle went in the other arm and she just whimpered for a second but not a tear was shed. I was surprised at how well she handled the needles.
- We are definitely very proud parents of a brave girl. 🙂
I am sure there will be more moments in the future too and she is making us so happy.
Please share your moments when your kids made you proud. (I am sure you have heaps to chose from).
Take care everyone,
M from nepaliaustralian
P.S: Do not forget to nominate your favourite blog . NEPALIAUSTRALIAN’s Blog Award 2015