A few weeks ago, one my colleagues had his birthday and instead of a fancy store bought cake, he requested that he would like a simple sponge cake with strawberry jam and cream.
So we decided that we would make one for him. I was surprised at how good it turned out so I did it again and it is so easy.
- 2 sponge cakes (I bought readymade ones, you could make your own)
- 300ml thickened cream
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- 250g strawberry jam
- Beat cream using an electric mixer for 8 to 10 minutes or until thick and creamy. If you like extra sweet, add icing sugar.
- Place 1 sponge cake on a plate and top it with jam and then the cream. Then put the remaining sponge on top.
- I made two different versions depending on the topping on the sponge cake on the top.
- One I dusted with icing sugar on the top while on the second one I spread with jam and cream and added cherry as topping.
- Both the cakes turned out to be quite yummy and I loved it.
M from nepaliaustralian