I am trying to eat healthy these days and come across this recipe. The recipe is really quick and easy and healthy too.
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper (bell pepper/capsicum), sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup full fat cream
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Sea salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1-2 tbsp of pine nuts
- Ghee, macadamia oil or virgin olive oil for cooking
- Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F). Grease a flat baking tray with coconut oil and scatter diced sweet potato. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and turn the oven down to 180°C (355°F), ready for the quiche to go in.
- In a medium frying pan, sauté onion and red peppers in ghee or macadamia oil on medium heat for 15 minutes. After 10 minutes of cooking, add fresh thyme, garlic, balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt.
- Whisk eggs with cream and combine with the zest of lemon, a pinch of black pepper and a generous pinch of sea salt.
- Grease the bottom of a deep baking tray with coconut oil and line with baking paper, making sure the sides are covered. Assemble sweet potatoes and onion and red peppers mix evenly on the bottom. Pour whisked egg mix on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then sprinkle with pine nuts and some extra fresh thyme and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Stand aside to cool and settle for 5 minutes before serving.
Take care everyone,
M from nepaliaustralian
Make sure your blog and the blogs you read are nominated so they can win the title.
This sounds yummy. Looking forward to trying it. I have made similar baked egg dishes, but adding the lemon zest is new.
I hope you like it 🙂
It looks yummy 🙂 Can’t wait to try. I always make it with mushroom,chicken and spinach.
It is and very healthy without flour 🙂