This is probably one of the easiest ways to have Tom Yum Soup noodle.
- 400 gm udon noodle(ready to fry)
- 2 – 3 cups chicken/Vegetable stock
- 10 shrimps
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 lemon (depends on how sour you like it)
- 2 chillies sliced
- 1 handful of sliced Lemongrass
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Boil chicken stock in medium sauce pot.
- When the stock is boiling, add the sliced lemongrass, onion and tomatoes.
- Boil for about 5 minutes and then add the udon noodle
- Boil for another 5 minutes and add the shrimp
- Boil for 2 minutes and add fish sauce, chilli and sugar, boil the soup for another 5 minutes
- Take the pot off the heat and squeeze lemon juice and check if you want to add more lemon if you like it more sour.
Posted in Foodie, Recipe
Tagged australian nepali, easy dinner, easy recipe, Nepal, Nepali, nepali australian, Nepaliaustralian, noodle, tom yum, tom yum soup
Sometimes AS definitely surprises me with his cooking and last night, I got a big surprise when he cooked me a really yummy fish curry. Sorry don’t have lots of photos as I was not planning to post the recipe but after tasting it, I decided it must be shared.
- Basa Fillet 300 gms
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon tandoori paste
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 1/2 of small onion sliced thin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- Mix all the spices together with tandoori paste and yogurt and marinate the fish for half an hour (longer if time permits).
- Heat a pan and add oil.
- When oil is heated, add sliced onion and fry until translucent.
- On medium heat, add fish and fry each side for 1 -2 minutes so both sides are brown.
- Add water and simmer for 5 minutes on low heat until the fish is cooked thoroughly.
- You can add more water if the sauce dries out too quickly.
I had mine with salad (still trying to eat healthy) and it would be even yummy with rice or roti.