Sometimes AS definitely surprises me with his cooking and last night, I got a big surprise when he cooked me a really yummy fish curry. Sorry don’t have lots of photos as I was not planning to post the recipe but after tasting it, I decided it must be shared.
- Basa Fillet 300 gms
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon tandoori paste
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 1/2 of small onion sliced thin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- Mix all the spices together with tandoori paste and yogurt and marinate the fish for half an hour (longer if time permits).
- Heat a pan and add oil.
- When oil is heated, add sliced onion and fry until translucent.
- On medium heat, add fish and fry each side for 1 -2 minutes so both sides are brown.
- Add water and simmer for 5 minutes on low heat until the fish is cooked thoroughly.
- You can add more water if the sauce dries out too quickly.
I had mine with salad (still trying to eat healthy) and it would be even yummy with rice or roti.