Eating healthy can be boring sometimes so I constantly look for new recipes. I found this recipe on news.com.au site the other day . I tried it and it was a hit with my hubby and me. Please try it and see if you like it.
- 4 skinless organic chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 60ml olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
For the salsa
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 large clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons deseeded and finely sliced jalapeňo pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- First make the salsa. In a bowl, mix together the onion, tomato, lime juice, garlic, jalapeno pepper, cumin and salt. Let it sit at room temperature for about 1 hour to allow the flavors to mingle.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the lime juice, olive oil, chili flakes and pepper. Dip the chicken in the mixture until well coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Put the chicken on a baking tray and place under a preheated grill, 20cm from the heat. Grill for about 8 minutes on each side, or until a fork can be inserted in the chicken with ease and the juices run clear, not pink.
- Divide the spinach leaves and avocado slices between 4 plates. Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle over the salad. Place the chicken on top, spoon over the salsa, garnish with chopped coriander and serve immediately.
- Wash the spinach well. Drain and chop, then squeeze out the excess water. Add the spring onions, lemon juice, oil and pepper.