Last week I had puja at home so I needed to learn how to make apungo and halwa for puja. I had never tried to make it before but I had no choice but to learn this time around. So here I am sharing the recipe. It turned out really well and I was surprised how easy it was.
- 1 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Take a thick pan and pour ¾ cup ghee in the pan.
- When ghee starts to melt, add plain flour and fry it stirring continuously. Make sure, the flour doesn’t turn brown.
- After a while when the flour is cooked, it should smell really good.
- Once it is cooked, take out half of the fried flour and set it aside on a plate.
- Add 2 table spoons of sugar to the plate and mix well.
- Apungo is now ready.
- With the remaining flour, fry it some more until it is light brown in colour.
- Add the rest of the sugar and then add the water and keep stirring.
- When the water and flour is mixed well and ghee starts showing on the top, add the rest of the ghee and Halwa is now ready too.
- If you are making halwa only skip step 5, 6, and 7.
You may also like:
|*Seviya kheer (vermicelli kheer)||*Kheer(Rice pudding)||*Gundruk Aloo Bhatmas Curry|