She was just over 5 months old when we did her pasni. In Australia, the midwives advise exclusive breastfeeding for 6 months and that was what I was aiming to do. But after pasni, every time we ate anything, Chhori would look at us with puppy eyes, with the innocent look as if saying “I want some of it too.” So we decided that we would start solid slowly.
First we went out and bought a few varieties of organic purée. I discovered that she loves the taste of apple, banana and mango.
These days as I am staying home looking after her, I decided it would be a good idea to give her some homemade purée. It was so easy to make one so here is how I did it.
- Skin 3 apples and cut them into cubes.
- Add half cup of water and apple cubes into a pressure cooker. If you don’t have pressure cooker, use a saucepan.
- Cook until 3 whistles or if using a saucepan check with a fork and if it goes in easily then the apples are done. Let it cool down.
- Use a blender or food processor to blend it. If you find the consistency too thick, add a little cooled boiled water.
- I bought bpa free freezer and microwave safe containers to store them.
- The purée is good for 3 days in the fridge and 3 months in the freezers. Mine finished in a week as she loved it.
Please share other food ideas for a baby. It will be a great help. Thanks in advance.
Take care everyone till my next post.
M from nepaliaustralian