A very easy scone recipe 🙂
- 4 cups self-raising flour
- 250 unsalted butter, cubed
- 500 butter milk
- Jam and whipped cream (homemade will be nice without sugar), to serve
- Dates/raisin/cholate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line flat baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift self-raising flour into a large bowl.
- Using your fingertips, rub butter into flour until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Now add butter milk slowly with a flat-bladed knife until mixture forms a soft dough, adding more buttermilk if required.
- If you want to add dates or raisin or chocolate chips, add now and mix with butter knife.
- Turn the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Don’t knead dough or scones will be tough
- Pat dough lightly into a 2cm thick round.
- Using butter knife cut the small portion from the dough and lightly press together and place on baking tray.
- Keep the scones close together so they will be soft.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and well risen.
- Serve warm with jam and cream.
Enjoy and Take care everyone,
M from nepaliaustralian