These days I am after recipes that are easy, quick and healthy. This is one pot wonder.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 200g chicken breasts, diced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1-2 tablespoons harissa paste (use chilli paste if you don’t have harissa)
- 2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 10 dried apricots
- 220g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 200 gm char grilled red capsicum sliced
- 200g couscous
- 200ml hot chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion for 1-2 mins until the onions turn golden.
- Add grated ginger and fry for a few minutes.
- Now add the chicken and fry for 5 mins until cooked through
- Add cumin powder, salt and stir through the harissa to coat everything and cook for 1 min more.
- Add in the apricots, red capsicum, chickpeas and couscous, then pour over the stock and stir once.
- Cover with a lid and leave for about 5 mins until the couscous has soaked up all the stock and is soft.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork and serve with yogurt, if you like.
M from nepaliaustralian