I just tried a quick and easy mushroom recipe and it turned out very well so sharing it here.
- 200 gm mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of garlic paste
- Heat a pan and add oil and fry onions for few minutes.
- Once onion started browning, add garlic cumin, coriander, chili and turmeric and continue to cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add water when the mixture becomes too dry but make sure that the paste in not too runny.
- Add mushroom, tomato paste and salt into the pan and mix well.
- Add ½ cup of water and mix well and let it simmer for few minutes.
- Mushroom curry is ready when the water evaporates and the sauce becomes thick.
- Serve it with your favourite food; I served mine with Aloo paratha.
That looks and sounds really good.
Thank you nelle, try it 🙂