- 4 medium tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup green peas (I used frozen one)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- Heat up the pan on high heat and add oil.
- Add turmeric powder and peas and stir it for a minute or so.
- Add chopped tomatoes into the pan, stir it and cover it with a lid for 3-5 minutes. Do not forget to stir it in between.
- Once the tomatoes are mushy in texture, add chilli powder, salt to taste, coriander and cumin powder.
- Stir well and mash the tomatoes to give it a gravy texture.
- Add ¼ cup of water and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Place the achar in a bowl and garnish with fresh coriander.
Take care ,
M from nepaliaustralian