This article was published in +977 (a Nepalese Lifestyle Magazine in Australia) in August-September 2013 issue.
Burgundy is the new black and it is a great way to add colour during cold winter days and move away from boring black and grey. Fashionistas are calling the colour oxblood but you can call it wine coloured, maroon, claret or just plain burgundy and it is back in season.
From coats to dresses, from skirts to socks, burgundy gives your style the special touch and it is such a beautiful colour. Age does not matter because burgundy flatters from young to old. Sex doesn’t matter either because both men and women can wear this colour and look fashionable. The colour can be worn with almost any piece of apparel. In addition, it is a great colour for transition phase between winter and spring. This colour can be easily used from top to toe and here are some of the amazing pieces.
How to wear burgundy?
- Pair your burgundy with a lighter piece from the same colour family, like pastel pink or pale rose.
- Mix burgundy pieces with luxe prints like brocades, paisleys, silk stripes for a regal look.
- For work, use burgundy as a neutral and mix with colours like charcoal grey and olive.
- Wear with a piece in a sheer fabric so that it reads more lightweight.
- Pair your faded jeans look with plain burgundy cotton tops.
- Wear burgundy lip colour with brown pencil eyeliner and gold eye shadow or brown mascara and liquid gold eyeliner.
You may also like :
|*Autumn Trend Alert: “Dot On”||*Lace in Fashion
||*Pretty in Pastels this SUMMER|