Momo is a very popular dish in Nepal and almost all Nepalese love them. I usually make chicken or pork momo but sometimes I have vegetarians in my guest list so I used to make cabbage and onion veggie momo which I have to admit is not very as yummy. Recently one of my cousins made some vegetarian momo which was as yummy was the non-veg ones so I had to try and learn how to make it.
The vegetarian momo was made with Soy chunks and paneer (cottage cheese).
- 2 cups Soy Chunks (soak in water for an hour)
- 1 medium size onion finely chopped
- 1 cup of finely chopped Cabbage
- 100 gm Paneer cut into small pieces
- 3 table spoons soy sauce
- 2 table spoons coriander powder
- 2 table spoons cumin powder
- 1 table spoon red chili powder
- 3 table spoons oil
- 1 cup of fresh coriander finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 packet momo wrapper (30 pieces)
Note: You can make the momo achar beforehand as per linked method and put it in the fridge.
- Put the Soy chunks in a blender mince and place in a large bowl.
- Add onion, cabbage, soy sauce, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, oil, fresh coriander, cabbage, and salt.
- Mix well and the filling is ready.
- Make momo as shown in the video below.
- In the meantime, bring water to a boil in a steamer.
- Once momo is ready, put on the steamer for 10-15 minutes.
- Enjoy the momo with achar.
- I promise it tastes just as good as the non-veg momo 🙂
Take care everyone,
M from nepaliaustralian
P.S: Do not forget to nominate your favourite blog . NEPALIAUSTRALIAN’s Blog Award 2015