Sometimes I like to add everything I love to eat in one recipe and this is the result 🙂
- 500g penne
- 200gm chicken breast, diced
- 8 rashers smoked bacon, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 capsicum, finely diced
- 200g chopped fresh button mushrooms
- 4 dried red chilli diced
- 2 eggs
- 30ml olive oil
- 350ml thickening cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil and cook the penne as per the packet’s instructions.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add dried chopped chilli.
- Add diced chicken and cook until it is brown. Once chicken is cooked, add bacon and cook until the fat starts to melt.
- Add the garlic, capsicum and onion then cook until the onion becomes soft and transparent.
- Add the mushrooms, butter, and further cook until the mushrooms are soft.
- Add penne and stir through.
- Make a well in the middle and add the cream and eggs.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer until the cream becomes a bit thick
- Pasta is ready to serve with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
You may also like :
|*Creamy spinach and mushroom pasta||*Thai red curry chicken||*Jamie Oliver’s Dan Dan Noodles|
Was wondering what to make for dinner tonight – and then this is SO SIMPLE!! 🙂 Thanks.
Daniel loves anything with bacon in it 🙂
Hope your dinner turned out to be nice 🙂
Oh Yummy!! I can almost taste this one. Lol
You are such a good cook. Hugs Paula xxxx
Thank you Paula 🙂 . This 0one is definitely creamy and tasty 🙂
What country are you living in now? I forgot. xxx
I am in Sydney, Australia…
I thought you were in Oz.:) Bummer you don’t live in Perth. Would have been fun to meet you. Who knows maybe one day. You are one heck of a cook! Hugs xxxxxx
I hope when you come to Sydney, you will meet me. I was thinking to come to Perth during Christmas but still on planing stage, Let you know if we decided to come over 🙂
For Sure! 🙂 I love Sydney and was there in February as I went on the QM2 around N.Z. I tend to go to Melbourne more as it’s closer. Lol You know how crazy the fares are travelling within our own country! It’s cheaper to go to Bali than for me to go to Sydney. 🙂 Hugs xxxxx
Exactly our thought. We are looking for place to go over Christmas/New Year period and still finding all the airfare around Oz so expensive. To top that off, the price you pay for 5 star hotel in Bali is what we pay for motels here…Still thinking….
Anything with bacon is a winner!
I love bacon too, crispy fried 🙂
I will have to substitute wheat-free penne, but this looks delicious!!
That will be great option 🙂
I should not have clicked on your site, while fasting! This looks amazing!!
Hope your fast is over soon…
This looks very good. Thanks for sharing.